Sunday, November 20, 2005

Foxwoods trip report (1)

I flew from El Paso to Providence last Saturday November 12; with the intention of becoming the next poker millionare. I knew this would be a big WPT event and I really wanted to play. I arrived at the Providence airport at 5PM and there was Jason (MrMoo from 2+2) and his girlfriend waiting for me. I didn't know MrMoo in person, but luckyly for me, he knew my face, just in case I wore my Bodog shirt from the WSOP with my nickname (sirio11) on it. They were so kind to take me to Foxwoods, I have the feeling they both like to know people from the internet.
We got to Foxwoods around 6:30PM, I called Jordan (iMsoLucky0) because I have booked my hotel room from Sunday to Wednesday and would stay that Saturday night with Jordan and Darrell (Gigabet). Foxwoods is a really big casino, and immediately you have the sensation you're lost. We decided to wait in the lobby of the Pequot Tower and 15 minutes later, there were Jordan and Giga. Gigabet didn't waste any time to start critizicing me for wearing the Bodog shirt, "Are they paying you to do that?" He asked, "No", I told him, and then he told me he wouldn't advertized any site, not even for $10,000; I asked him, how much will do it?, and he said "Maybe $100,000". We proceed to go to their room, but the room was in fact a whole suite. Knowing Jordan, I thought it was probably his idea to get a suite, since he's such an internet poker superstar; but they told me later that they were supposed to get a regular room and they got the suite by mistake for the same prize; that makes sense also, since Jordan is just so lucky. I was hungry and Mr and Mrs. Moo and I went to look for something to eat, while Darrell and Jordan went to play some Pai Gow or any other game just to get rid of all those extra $100 bills in their wallets. It was Saturday night and the site was really packed, we went to the Hard Rock Cafe, but you have to wait like 1 hour; so, we ended at an Italian restaurant where the wait was just like 20 minutes; the food was meh, but the company was great. Later Mr and Mrs. Moo decided to check the casino and since I was really tired, I went to the room to rest. Later I went with Jordan and Dave (Darrell's brother) to check the registration for the tournament at the poker room, but it was packed also, a big line to register, so I decided to wait until the morning; we said hi to Carl (Colson) who was in the line, getting ready to donate $10,000 to TheTakeover fundation.
Back in the room, since I was not tired enough, I decided to play a heads up match with Jordan, a $5 s & g in PokerStars; just to know once for all who's the best internet poker player, we were face to face with our computers, so we can read into our souls; it was a tough match, it lasted a whole 16 hands and Jordan just destroyed me; he won 13 out of the 16 hands. But of course we know that internet poker is rigged, and one match does not mean anything, lol.
By then it was 3 or 4AM, and I really didn't sleep well; despite being really tired since I hadn't sleept the day before also. I woke up around 9 or 10AM and went to the poker room to register for the tournament. My starting day would be Monday, which was great since I could really use Sunday to rest.

TBC .......


cali-ber said...

Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
In an efford of finding the right info, check for my same day cash advance blog site.

Online Gamer said...

Hi there, check out my site if you have a chance! Thanks!