Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Fighting Variance

This month has been terrible, October was my best internet month ever; and now November is in line to be my worse internet month ever. Damm variance, After winning more than 100k in September and October, I'm losing about 15k in November; what a job, with your negative monthly paychecks.

So, what do you do when you're running bad and you're stuck in your worse streak ever?

Reanalyze your game?

Study more hours a day?

Look at all the possible stats from PokerTracker to see what the hell is happening?

Read Daniel Negreanu's blog to feel that you're not running that bad?

Read HOH for the nth time?

Hell, go all the way and reread McEvoy and Clouthier?

Accept at last that this game is just dumb luck?

Stare and stare at your stats from better times to try to convince yourself that you don't suck?

No, no, no, no, no ,no ,no my friends

You take all the money hidden in all those poker books at home and GO TO VEGAS BABY !!!!

So, I'm writing from El Paso Airport, waiting for my Vegas flight to spend the following 3 weeks in Sin City.

Next time I'll post, it will be from some place in the Strip.

No comments: