Friday, January 12, 2007

My Golden Globe bets

Well, I have been traveling a lot, I think I will be back home by Monday. I have been playing more cash games and the year 2007 looks promising.
Today I want to share with you my Golden Globes picks, I bet some money to the following awards:

BEST DRAMATIC ACTRESS -WINNER HELEN MIRREN, "THE QUEEN" (-585) I bet 1170 to win 200

BEST DRAMATIC ACTOR -WINNER FOREST WHITAKER, "THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND" (-235) I bet 470 to win 200

SUPPORTING DRAMATIC ACTRESS -WINNER JENNIFER HUDSON, "DREAMGIRLS" (-300) I bet 600 to win 200


BEST ACTOR, COMEDY OR MUSICAL -WINNER SACHA BARON COHEN, "BORAT: CULTURAL LEARNINGS " (-415) I bet 160 to win 38

FOREIGN LANGUAGE PICTURE -WINNER "PAN’S LABYRINTH" (MEXICO) +1400 I bet 200 to win 2800

I have some bets also for DREAMGIRLS to best picture musical/comedy; right now Bodog has a great line 7/8, probably a mistake, since the lines at other sites have it at arount -600, but for some reason Bodog loves Borat, I think you should bet and enjoy the free $50.

I made almost all my bets last month and I think I got great lines, with the exception of Pan's Labyrinth, the rest of my bets are almost a lock (or so I think). For example, I got Helen Mirren at -585 and right now is at -1900, Forrest at -235, now at -335, Hudson at -300, now at -600, Sasha at -415, now at -510; all these bets are a lock, barring some terrible surprise. The only underdog I took was Pan's Labyrinth, but at +1400 it's a steal, the favorite in that category is Letters from Iwo Jima (-300) and while agree Letters is the front runner, no way Pan's is at +1400; Pan's is a wonderful movie, one of the best in this decade, if you haven't seen it, you're missing a masterpiece, go now !!; but of course I'm not betting because I like it, It has won the most Foreign Language awards to date, and Letters is losing steam, while Pan's is getting excellent reviews everywhere; the only problem it could be maybe they released Pan's a little too late to gain enough steam for the globes (next Monday January 15), but I hope it will.

Probably I'll make some more Golden Globes bets between today and Monday, but I need to do some analysis of the lines and some analysis of Globes history versus critics awards to find the best value.

I'm planning to do a megapost about my poker experience in 2006 before my birthday (January 29), 2006 was my first losing year in my poker career (since 1997) and there are a lot of lessons to be learned.

1 comment:

AJ "The Triple Threat" Martino said...

Hey Sirio!

Was wondering if you'd ever post again!

Best of luck with the golden globe bets. The loss of Party really screwed up my multi-tabling of the 10/20 and 15/30 Omaha hi/lo games.

Full Tilt is just hold em monkeys and there isn't much O8 action there, so it was off to Stars, where I saw average pot sizes half what they were at Party. :(

Right now I have a Management position in the works, but I'll likely continue to play part-time and supplement the ol' income and stay fresh.