Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Babel !!!

I did pretty well in the globes, basically I just missed Pan's Labyrinth in the foreign language category (The favorite Letters from Iwo Jima won), of all the bets I made. I'm excited for the Oscar season, I've always loved movies and I've been always a pretty good prognosticator in award season, but actually this is the first time I bet on it and I did pretty well, I won around $3500, thanks mainly to my Babel bets, I'm happy with the Babel winning, because of my bets of course, but also because this is a very good year for the Mexican film industry, with 3 very good movies by the three amigos, Babel by Alejandro Gonzalez IƱarrirtu, who won best director at Cannes Festival and best movie drama at the globes; Pan's Labyrinth by Guillermo Del Toro, Pan's won best picture by the National Society of Film Critics and has won many best foreign film awards; and Children of Man by Alfonso Cuaron, which just won best film in Vancouver.
I think there is a chance to win more good money in the Oscars, let's hope things go well.

Golden Globes results (Film)

Best Drama: Babel

Best Comedy/Musical: Dreamgirls

Best Actor Drama: Forest Whitaker - The Last King of Scotland

Best Actress Drama: Helen Mirren - The Queen

Best Actor Comedy/Musical: Sacha Baron Cohen - Borat

Best Actress Comedy/Musical: Meryl Streep - The Devil Wears Prada

Best Supporting Actor: Eddie Murphy - Dreamgirls

Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson - Dreamgirls

Best Director: Martin Scorsese - The Departed

Best Screenplay: The Queen

Best Original Song: The Song of the Heart - Happy Feet

Best Original Score: The Painted Veil

Best Animated Feature: Cars

Best Foreign Language Film: Letters from Iwo Jima

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are really fucking ur blog up with stupid posts.....we follow youre poker career....if you lost in 2006 so what explain why, how to get back on track...something positive not just posting some bullshit of movies...there are a few left in el paso that are interested in poker and in your journey